For a basic walk-thru of how to set-up an FTP Network, Ports and scripts, CLICK HERE< Below are are some of the set-up object that we use when perform inbound/outbound FTP communications:
- EXTOL Network
- EXTOL Network Port
- EXTOL Send script
- EXTOL Receive script
- EXTOL FTP Library (example: EXT_FTP)
- EXTOL QTXTSRC file: EXT_FTP/QTXTSRC
- EXTOL inbound member: QTXTSRC/I012345
- EXTOL outbound member: QTXTSRC/O012345
- EXTOL clean-up inbound member: QTXTSRC/CI012345
- EXTOL clean-up outbound member: QTXTSRC/CO012345
- EXTOL FTP directory (example: /extol/ftp)
- EXTOL FTP inbound directory (example: /extol/ftp/in)
- EXTOL FTP outbound directory (example: /extol/ftp/out)
- Make sure the outbound port is 'R'eplace and not 'A'dd
- Make sure the the port lengths matches EXT_FTP/IN and EXT_FTP/out, respectively.
- For the inbound script PRCDIRSTMF, use the parameter OPTION(*CMB).
- Use "NOOP" for RMVMBR command lines. This allows us to review QTXTSRC members
Going live notes:
- Update any RMVMBR entries, in the communications script to "CMDEXC" from "NOOP"
- For CRTCNNIMP, make sure TRANSLATE parm is set to "*IMMED"
- For the inbound script PRCDIRSTMF, use the parameter OPTION(*CMBDLT).
By: Sean Hoppe on