There are times we need to restore and review archived EXTOL EDI data. The EXTOL EDI connection data was originally saved via DLTDTA or another EXTOL archive/purge program.
In these instances here is how I would quickly restore unwrapped interchange EDI data for review
- DSPSAVF - Display saveFile to determine saved library.
- RSTOBJ - Run RSTOBJ over the saveFile of the archived EDI data.
- Restore EXDINPP - When we run RSTOBJ we want to only restore EXDINPP into QTEMP.
- Once the restore is done we can review the data members.
- Note: Inbound members being with “R”. Outbound members begin with “S”.
Copyright 2012 @ www.seanhoppe.com
By: Sean Hoppe on