- Basic Mapping
- Segment Qualifying
- Code Table Exceptions
- Auto Routing
- Everday Commands
- Everyday Reports
- Email from EXTOL
- Duplicate Value Checking
- Recode update
Who Can Benefit?
- Anybody who has completed the EXTOL Tutorial training
- Seasoned users who are looking to get a better grasp of EXTOL's features
- Individuals who can set-up a map but need assistance to go-live with a TP
- Organizations looking to create automatic 997 and exception EDI reports/
- Update internal files once outbound data has been generated.
- Eliminate the need for external programs with simple code table modifications.
- Learn how to switch to new maps in thhope middle of translation.
- Set-up EXTOL's email client to send emails. Commands can be used by any program/CL on iSeries.
- Capture duplicate documents. Helpful when duplicate POs and invoices are being sent.
- Know common EXTOL commands that can be used on a daily basis.
- Find EDI data by just knowing minimal information.
- Determine which exception reports/screens to to review on a daily basis .
- Resend data with or without new interchange control numbers.
- Introduction to formula processing.
- To cover each topic please allow for 1-1.5 weeks.
- External File Lookup
- Force translation errors with formulas
- Send emails with formulas
- Formulas Indepth
- Advanced commands
- Review of JOBDs
- Working with data in IFS
Who Can Benefit?
- Users needing to use logic, calculation, and automation in EXTOL processes.
- Individuals finding data is not readily available and need to go to outside files to retrieve it.
- # Customer service reps who need to know when an order is received.
- Perform calculations easily within the map.
- With EFL, chain-out to a keyed file to retrieve data in 5 simple steps.
- Use EXTOL formulas to send emails to specific individuals when a document is received.
- Prevent corrupt data from going into your database files by forcing a translation error in an EXTOL formula.
- Understand how EXTOL's commands can be used in CLs.
- Learn how to perform archiving/purging activities.
- Configure number of days to keep EDI data.
- Work with data streaming data in IFS.
- To cover each topic please allow ?-1 week. If there is additional discussion on how these topics can be custom applied, allow for 1.5-2 weeks.
- FTP scripting
- FTP with cleanup
- Creating external calls
- Advanced Formulas
- Using iSeries Edit Word functionality in EXTOL
- Proprietary data
- TPMC external calls
- Advanced External Lookup
- Query EXTOL files for status codes
- Debug mode
- Late 997 email notification PGM
Who Can Benefit?
- Companies looking to use FTP between VANs and trading partners.
- RPG programmers who want to call their programs from within EXTOL maps.
- RPG programmers who want to call their programs post translation.
- Individuals who want to capture certain status codes that can only be found in EXTOL files.
- Learn how to capture inbound trading partner data in an unrelated file for use later on. Helpful when trading partner specific data is received and there is no specific place for the data.
- Use EXTOL's FTP functionality for secure FTP and non-secure FTP transmissions.
- Learn how to implement external calls.
- Use EXTOL Trading Partner Message Classes to notify you if there is a translation error.
- Implement one-stop-shopping for error messages. Place all messages in the connection message queue. Avoids using multiple screens to find errors.
- Query specific EXTOL logicals to determine translation/generation status.
- Place EXTOL jobs into debug mode
- To cover each topic please allow for 1.5-2 weeks.