In this morning’s Executive Roadmap Session, we reviewed future releases in EBI 3 ie. EBI 3.1
- Email Adapter/Monitor (POP3/IMAP/SMTP) for B2B integration
- Smart mapping
- Enterprise database option - Allow users to use alternate database to store EXTOL internal data - Possibly release mid 2015
- New Dashboard
- XML and Web services enhancements
- Queuing and distributed architecture enhancements
Somewhere down the list:
- Migration Assistant - Allowing users to take an x12 ruleset and convert it to an EDIFACT Map. Or take an x12 ruleset and apply the logic to an XML Schema.
There was a good discussion on how EXTOL will implement the email adapter/monitor. The discussion focused on how EBI 3 would address un-formatted data possibly in the email body and/or email attachment. This issue is going to be looked into more.
By: Sean Hoppe on